Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday Roundup: Best Lip Balms

This past winter was the absolute worst on my lips. I have to admit that I'm usually pretty lucky, since my lips rarely get chapped, but the winter was bad. I tried several products and found a few hits that I will always turn to. Here, a complete list of those goodies I use in a lip emergency, and the tried and true bets I use as an everyday balm. Prices are estimations. These are the prices I paid for mine. It may vary by store and location.

1. Smith's Rosebud Salve
This stuff is incredible. It's been around for years and women trusted it then and still do.
Where to get it: Sephora, Mast General Stores, online
Cost: ~$6.00

2. C.O.Bigelow Rose Salve and Lavender Salve
An easier-to-find alternative to the one above.
Where to get it: Bath & Body Works
Cost: ~$5.00

3. e.o.s. (evolution of smooth) Smooth Spheres
These cute little eggy/ball shaped balms are easy to carry and come in several flavors. I found that the lemon yellow one has a bit of soft grit to it that exfoliates, as well.
Where to get it: Walmart, Walgreens, drugstores
Cost: ~$4.00

4. Aquaphor Lip Treatment
Just like the old trusted skin cream but formulated for lips. THE balm that saved my lips this winter.
Where to get it: drugstores, discount stores
Cost: ~$4.00

5. The Body Shop Lip Butters
These all-natural butters taste like real fruit and are thick and creamy. ALSO: Born Lippy: a more clear, thin bank. Both work wonderfully!
Where to get it: The Body Shop
Cost:~$6.00

No comments:

Post a Comment